DermaSaver Amputee "Stump" cover, SC1350, a stretch fabric contoured cup of 2 layers of MicroSpring textile.
DermaSaver Amputee "stump" cover with stretch contoured cup
Due to the mandatory handling fee, please call 866-822-7348 if ordering more than 1 item.
Head to Toe Protection
DermaSaver Products are designed to overcome the dissatisfaction associated with traditional skin protection products. All of the products are made with MicroSpring textile that protects skin and reduces pressure that is not possible with traditional gauze or wraps. The Amputee "stump" cover overcomes limitations with the stretch cover and contoured cup.
Recent surveys of nurses revealed the following dissatisfaction with traditional skin protection products:
- Heel protectors constantly fall off, providing no protection, waste time and money
- Limb sleeves are too tight and cause skin tears upon removal
- Limb sleeves bunch up or slip down
- Skin protective products are not washable or wash poorly
- Elbow pads roll off the elbow
- Residents find skin protective products hot and uncomfortable
- Amputees had little choice in sizes or comfort
- Products are “one size fits all” and don’t fit anyone properly
- Finger separators flatten out
- Lack of products to cover certain areas.
Derma Saver has developed a complete line of skin protection and pressure reducing products. Unlike foams, gels, fleece or polyfil, DermaSaver reduces all of the conditions that cause skin breakdown.
Revolutionary MicroSpring Textile offers breathability, moisture transfer and anti-microbial protection not possible with gels, foams, fleece or polyfil. And it is completely washable!
Microfilaments flex to reduce pressure on bony prominences such as the heel, elbow, vertebra and trochanter. Layers of MicroSpring Textile put up to 20,000 microfilaments per square inch to act as mini pressure relieving springs which provide:
- Superior pressure and shear relief
- Breathable- fabric and filament layers allow air flow
- Moisture wicking – allows moisture transfer
- Totally washable according to CDC Guidelines- allows for multi-patient use
- Durable – will not flatten out or become flaky
- Sized properly for extra small to extra large
- Stretch knit (not woven) fabric reduces surface friction
- Coated with Aegis Microbe Shield, and EPA registered antimicrobial that inhibits the growth of micro-organisms
- Compatible with topical creams and ointments
- CA 117 flame retardant
- Latex free – 94% polyester, 6% Spandex
“We’ve had problems with other protectors sticking to wounds, but not the DermaSaver. I really like the air permeability and anti-microbial qualities of the products too.”
Diane Husar, Director Quality Assurance United Methodist Homes.
1stSeniorCare works to ensure your satisfaction with every purchase. 1stSeniorCare strives to make every purchase the right purchase for our customers.
Please note that do to Federal Regualtions all sales are final.
It is your responsibility to accurately measure for the product you choose. The manufacturer will not accept any returns. 1stSeniorCare uses the manufacturer’s recommendations for sizing suggestions, but it is your responsibility to accurately measure. There are no returns due to Federal Health Regulations.